Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Forgetful Mommy

I forgot enzymes for the first time this past Sunday...... I felt like a horrible Mommy, but luckily MY mommy was home and available to bring them to me. :) While we are doing the trial for the new enzyme it's not like I can stash some for emergencies like I did with her old ones. So I just have to be more careful.

Speaking of the trial.... that's going very strangely. The first 10 days were the "constant" to make sure she could do the actual enzyme itself, in 3.5 pills that were 5,000 units each, no big deal. The second 10 days were to test the different doses, meaning we gave her 6 pills of 3,000 units each but in the same way we did before the trial (on spoonfuls of babyfood). The 10 days we just started yesterday are to test the new method of giving her the enzymes. The new method: enzymes in apple juice in a syringe with a nipple.

Let me tell you, that was not easy.....It was the strangest thing. Calleigh hasn't had apple juice yet (and neither would most infants they would do this with if it gets approved) so she dribbled it out of her mouth more than she drank it. And then the apple juice was gone and the enzymes were just stuck in the tube. Not easy. Of course we aren't giving up, but day #1 of new method = NO FUN.

Calleigh got to hang out with Aunt Sass last night and for some reason she still likes her... who knows! lol It was good to see them together. I can't wait for Aunt Snaves to come home to spend more time with Calleigh too. :)

Today's prayer for Calleigh: Lord, I pray that until Calleigh is old enough to decide for herself that she doesn't mind doing trials. And I pray that she is safe through them and that her participation in them gives the CF Foundation the help they need to progress with medications and methods that make the lives of CF children easier and less painful. I pray that these trials lead to a cure for CF. I pray that when Calleigh IS old enough to have an opinion on doing these trials that she decides it is well worth her time and effort. I pray that she realizes that her part in these trials has been a huge help to the lives of others and the progression of medicine. And as always, please help her little lungs to function (and to kick the bit of mucus lodged in there this week) and that her pancreas keeps digesting all the nutrients they are supposed to. Please help her to have a good day with Jessica and Ezzie tomorrow and to know her mommy is always thinking about her.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment